Make your own Alfredo Sauce
I discovered a really yummy alternative to buying ready made Alfredo sauce! All you need is cream cheese, milk and some other simple ingredients. I really like this recipe and was amazed at how easy it was.. Don’t think I’ll buy ready made Alfredo sauce ever again. I copied the recipe from all recipies.com for your convenience.
- 1/2 cup butter (8 tbsp = 1 stick)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. You can add more or less milk depending on consistency preference. I like less than 2 cups in mine for a thicker sauce
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.
You can view the recipe @ http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Easy-Alfredo-Sauce/Detail.asp
I like to make my Alfredo with shrimp or with chicken chunks but it is also quite good without a meat. Also I tend to add more garlic at the end. I season to tase with garlic salt in addition to using the garlic powder which gives it more of a kick. Don’t forget to make garlic toast too, yum!