Dealing with anxiety..
Everyone experiences anxiety in some form over the course of their lives but what is the best way to deal with anxiety? Some people think that you can reduce the impacts by drinking or taking drugs, others believe you can deal with it by getting it out and of course the opposite is also believed to be true.
So which way is best? Do you ignore it, dwell on it, get it out or suppress it? I would really like to know because it is impacting my life and my sleep schedule these days and I want it to stop.
The only way I know to end it is to get every single thing lined up and to cover every basis. Problem is that I cannot possibly cover every basis and have it all lined up this very moment. It takes time and everything is dependent on other things.
Here are just a sampling of my anxiety ridden thoughts at this moment:
- My mother is bringing my brother with us on the cross country move because she can’t leave him unsupervised while she makes the journey with us. This is stressful because he has ADHD and some anger problems which will not be best suited in a 27 foot RV for a weeks worth of driving.
- I am stressing about how we are going to move the stuff we have, the movers wont move everything and we need to figure that out. Things like plants, alcohol, cleaners, important papers, etc need to be moved by us but how? We are taking 4 people, 4 cats, 1 60lb dog, 2 birds and a bunny in our RV already… Where will all this other stuff fit?
- Our yard sale date is nearing and I still have tons to sort through and get rid of. I also feel like I am getting rid of everything I own but it is not enough. We still have too much crap but getting rid of so much of it is hard.
- I had planned to pay the movers via credit card cause who has $10,000 in cash on had to move? We will only have about half that in cash and the rest is our available credit. Turns out the moving companies want a certified check or exact cash upon delivery of your items… Why can’t they just charge your credit card? Wouldn’t that make more sense? Besides we don’t have that kind of cash.
- I STILL need to find a rental home for us out there and pay the holding deposits, turn on/ shut off utilities, forward mail and all that good stuff.
- We still need to get our potential RV to a mechanic so we can move forward with the purchase.
- We need to sell our broke down Nissian Maxima that is sitting at my mom’s house right now.
- How much does it cost to insure and register a 1970’s Winnebago? We will need to do that.
Ugh, the list just goes on and on, it could consume my entire day if I let it… So my thoughts/ worries are overwhelming me (knew this was comming huh?) but I am done wasting time on them today. Time to crank up the IPOD and get some yard sale suff done.