Holiday shopping highlights
I am officially done with my holiday shopping, woot! N and I went to some stores and got some stuff done today which was very productive of us. Here are some highlights of the day:
- I got to eat a greasy, salty, soft pretzel from Auntie Anne’s today while we were in the mall. Salted pretzels are the best.
- N had me try on some bras at Victoria’s Secret today so he would know my new size. Turns out the boobs have gone up a full cup size in the 11 weeks I have been pregnant. Mom may be right about how I’ll gain 2 cup sizes by the time I am breastfeeding. N is pleased with the boob growth, what man isn’t?
- I can’t make it though a shopping trip without opening a food item and eating it, then of course I also need a drink to wash the food down. I have to stuff my face at regular intervals even if we are in a store so now I am “that” person who opens food and eats it while shopping. I am honest though, I do only open and eat stuff that the cashier can scan at checkout so I can pay for it.
- As we entered the mall we got to see a middle aged woman knuckle deep in her nose digging for gold while sitting at a table in the food court. We laughed and had a good time with this one. Sadly I did not have my camera so I have no photos of this to share with you.
- When we pulled in the mall parking lot we were waiting for someone to pull out so we could park in that spot when this woman comes from the lane next to us and deliberately pulls through the spot she was in in the other isle to take the spot we were waiting for. She then sits in her beater car and laughs at us. I was like “whatev” and I was over it, N was pretty mad though so we talked some crap about her while entering the mall. I offered to buy a smoothie or something and dump it on her car. N said it was okay and I didn’t need to do that. He didn’t want us to get bad holiday karma.
- N is a better Victoria’s Secret employee than every employee that was in the store today. I waited for a dressing room for quite a bit and then had to have him get me other sizes since all the actual employees were oblivious to us.
Now you can see why we prefer to shop online and avoid stores & people this time of year. I am bitchy and we are both sensitive to the rudness and lack of courtesy displayed by store emloyees and shoppers. If we went to stores and shopped more often we would probaby hurt people or end up in jail. Oh and all this happen on a wednesday afternoon so this wasn’t even the busiest time of the week.