New stove should be here soon.. · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
We to a big leap of faith, quit our jobs are moved to the the heart of the Shawnee National Forest to follow our dreams of self sufficiency and to make a go of living off the land… Can we help you feed your family?
Southern Illinois, farm, CSA, Goat Milk, Soap, Eggs, meat, local food
466
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-466,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive
 

New stove should be here soon..

New stove should be here soon..

Thanks to everyone for all your concern! Our stove is toast, the firemen told us to make sure they didn’t try to have us use it again. Here is why:

burned-wires-insulation2.jpg

 

burned-wires-insulation3.jpg

 

burned-wires-insulation1.jpg

We called the rental company we are renting this place from, the scheduled an appliance guy to come out this afternoon to take the burnt stove away and to bring us a new one.Also, we contacted our gas company about unusually high gas bill we got and they are sending a technician out to do a gas audit, to try and find the culprit of our dramatically high gas bill.

So today is the day of technicians! I have to knock out 4 purses today to add to the 12 I have completed thus far… Only 29 more to make ;-o

Our house still smells of nasty fiberglass/ electrical burn, our lungs are probably filled with all kinds of unhealthiness now and the moral of the story is to always trust your sniffer! If it smells like bad news it probably is.

Oh and for those inquiring minds our stove was a Kenmore model # 79078612400 serial # VF43813329. They are researching any possible stove recalls that could provide information on how the wiring caught the insulation on fire…

7 Comments
  • kaylee
    Reply

    At least you all are ok right? Sorry that haappened but glad it wasnt worse 🙂

    January 30, 2008 at 8:03 pm
  • teeni
    Reply

    Wow! That looks really scary now that we can see what was really going on in there. So glad nobody was hurt. I wish you much better luck with the new stove! Of course, you will now have to include a picture of the new stove for those of us following this story. 🙂

    teeni’s last blog post..Rice and Beans and Collard Greens

    January 30, 2008 at 9:05 pm
  • If this was a gas stove, maybe it had a major gas leak. Then your gas bill should go back down.

    April’s last blog post..Books that I am reading

    January 30, 2008 at 5:51 pm
  • That was pretty bad. Hope nobody got hurt?. Its a pity

    January 31, 2008 at 9:54 am
  • I’m glad you are safe and Ok.

    January 31, 2008 at 9:57 am
  • Wow. Just wow.

    Veronica’s last blog post..The End of Limbo

    February 1, 2008 at 4:54 am

Post a Comment