On Halloween we got legally married and voted. · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-1564,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive

On Halloween we got legally married and voted.

On Halloween we got legally married and voted.

While walking in to the courthouse this morning to be legally married we realized that we were being married on Halloween. Everyone was walking around all decked out in full costume. We didn’t realize we were scheduled to be married on Halloween until we were walking in the courthouse doors and noticing all the dressed up people.

At 9:45 am we were married on paper and official for the insurance that kicks in tomorrow, November 1st. Talk about cutting it close huh? Now our documents are official and our unborn child will have access to prenatal care through N’s insurance. We don’t see ourselves as husband and wife though and I wont be changing my name until we have our actual wedding with the family and friends after the baby is born.

We also enjoyed the cluster-fu@& that is early voting today. We headed to our local library at 12:30pm to get in line for the early voting that began at 1pm. When we arrived the line was already stretching the entire length of the library and was almost out the front door. Today was the last day for early voting and we did want to try getting it done so we could avoid the chaos of election day.

In Indiana voter turn out is expected to be record breaking  on November 4th, 2008. Many are speculating that election day voting will be a headache because of lack of preparation for the record voter turn out among a number of other things. Anything to avoid that is good right? Even if you have to wait forever just to vote early…

To make a long story short we waited 2 hours from the time we joined the line until we got to vote but we did it, we cast our votes! I am ready for a nap!

N and I are ready to be done with all of this election stuff. The ads are getting especially annoying in Indiana. For those of you in the states, did you take advantage of early voting for the election or will you just vote on Tuesday, November 4th 2008?

16 Comments
  • OMG!!!! Congratulations!!!! I had to read the post twice, then scroll to see if I had missed something leading up to it, then re-read it,, lol. That is FANTASTIC!

Loris last blog post..Pass it on, pass it down!

October 31, 2008 at 4:17 pm
  • N and T – CONGRATS!! I feel bad that it was so quiet, though… I know, I know there will be a big bash for the two of you next yr… but you both deserve to have such merriment for your nuptials! I wish you many many HAPPY and passionate yrs!

October 31, 2008 at 4:27 pm
  • Congrats! I’m going to have a few drinks in your honor tonight!

Dingos last blog post..A Little Bit Crazy A Lot Of The Time

October 31, 2008 at 4:36 pm
  • Congratulations!!! I’m going to join Dingo and I’ll make a toast in absentia to you both. um, I mean the three of you!

Donna B.s last blog post..Misdirected Outrage

October 31, 2008 at 5:42 pm
  • Congratulations! Although I know you will not see this as official until your wedding day, I am thrilled for you both and your baby.

I wish we had early voting here in Massachusetts. I would certainly take advantage of it like you did. I’m a bit worried of the wait times this will cause on Nov 4th.

Momisodess last blog post..Just In Case You Didn’t Spend Enough Time In Front of the Computer

October 31, 2008 at 10:56 pm
  • Congratulations! FabGrandpa moved into my house to begin out life together on Halloween, 1991. It was the biggest treat of my life. We still have fun together after all this time, can you believe 17 years?

October 31, 2008 at 11:03 pm
  • Ahh…but that is such a cool story. Certainly something you’ll remember forever. And, less important, but a story you can use to top anyone else’s wedding story for some time.

Congrats to the two of you !

save-moneys last blog post..Increase your website’s Alexa Rating without any black hat tricks

October 31, 2008 at 11:04 pm
  • Everyone is saying how sick they are of this whole election. I have to agree. We are inundated with it, everyone’s opinion on it, and the media making fun, blah, blah. Oh soon, soon it will be a distant nightmare! Congrats on the legal marriage. I’m so glad that you and the baby have insurance coverage now. But I’ll give you a more proper congratulating after your wedding. 🙂

November 1, 2008 at 11:11 am
  • Congratulations…. in a not-our-real-wedding sort of way.
    So which anniversary will you celebrate? The Halloween one, or the OTHER one?

We voted via absentee ballot last week. WAY easier than going in person.

Hyphen Mamas last blog post..A Worthy Cause The MOST Worthy Cause

November 1, 2008 at 11:14 am
  • Well, even if it’s not “for real” in your minds…Congratulations!

And I wish we would have had early voting…but I will be in line at 6 am on Tuesday.

Rees last blog post..$172 $175

November 1, 2008 at 12:51 pm
  • congratulations! So, I guess you didn’t dress up as a bride? You aren’t likely to forget your anniversary anyway. You share it with Memarie Lane.

witchypoos last blog post..US Voters Beware

November 2, 2008 at 7:39 am
  • melissa

Congrats!! Adam and I had to do the exact same thing for insurance purposes.I haven’t changed my name either until we do the real wedding. Most likely it will be in AZ. We got married in Feb, so we would like to get married in Feb of 2010.

November 5, 2008 at 5:28 pm
  • Wow! Im really late on this one!!! I know we talk about it last week, but I hadn’t ever read the post about it! Ha-ha
    My dad and his wife were married on Halloween in 1990. They went as Gomez and Martisha Adams. How original?

Krystal McCarthys last blog post..Mom cold Vs. Man cold