Stale cigarette lady has been here, again. · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-1640,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive

Stale cigarette lady has been here, again.

Stale cigarette lady has been here, again.

I don’t know if ghosts can actually make a room smell or not but I am convinced that is what we have been experiencing in our bedroom lately.

Being newly pregnant means my sense of smell is off the hook. I notice everything, including the stench of stale cigarette smoke sometimes when I enter the bedroom. Problem is we are both nonsmokers.

Both my parents were smokers so I distinctly know what stale cigarette smoke smells like and it hits me hard right away.

The stale cigarette smoke smell we’ve noticed only lingers for a short time, then it is gone but it is the strangest thing. I don’t know where else the smell could be coming from, it has to be a ghost.

We only notice it occasionally when entering the empty bedroom. Both N and I have noticed the smell so it is not just be being sensitive. Oh, and we never notice it while relaxing in the bedroom.

Since the house is so old we figure we have a smoking ghost in our bedroom. We call her Louanne. I imagine she is older and elegant and we know she loves her cigarettes.

Since all we are being subjected to is the smell of smoke we are pretty okay with sharing a house with her, it is rather odd though.

Have you ever had a ghostly experience like this?

• Why do you think it’s a her?

witchypps last blog post..How to stay busy while chained to the phone lines

November 14, 2008 at 4:37 pm
  • I have not had a ghost that smoked, but I did live in a house where my uncle died in violent fight. He was protective of me, so I was not afraid of him. It was strange sometimes knowing he was there.

Karens last blog post..Got Herbs?

November 14, 2008 at 4:38 pm
  • I have never had ghostly smells, but I have a cat long since gone who comes and snuggles at my feet at night. Just like he did when he was living.

Ghostly smoke would drive me nuts, as real smoke does, LOL!

Spookygirls last blog post..My God! It’s full of

November 14, 2008 at 6:21 pm
  • My Gold Card is an awesome new program from Starbucks, you get 10% off Almost Everything at Starbucks for a whole YEAR!! WOOT!!

Spookygirls last blog post..My God! It’s full of

November 14, 2008 at 7:04 pm
  • No, but I always wanted to have a ghost.

Rees last blog post..Haiku Friday – In Memoriam

November 14, 2008 at 7:35 pm
  • i’ve heard of ghostly smells. all my ghostle experiences have been auditory / visual.

Memarie Lanes last blog post..The List

November 14, 2008 at 9:39 pm
  • Ree, be careful what you wish for!

witchypoos last blog post..How to stay busy while chained to the phone lines

November 14, 2008 at 10:13 pm
  • YES! I’ve experienced smelling cherry flavored pipe smoke from a “ghost”. It’s very common. And once in Scotland I smelled a sweet rosey scent in an abandoned castle where 2 lovers remain after being forbidden to be together in life.

Hyphen Mamas last blog post..WTF Friday–Again, Already??

November 14, 2008 at 11:31 pm
  • Krystal McCarthy

In the evenings sometime I can smell gin… Chris drinks wiskey and I wine. But when my Grandpa was living ever night before dinner he would have three gin and tonics on the rocks. And its usally around dinner time that I smell them. I think its him watching me cook!
    And one time when I was about 10 or 11, my sister and I saw and herd a ghost in our bedroom. It came and turned our window a/c unit on then walked acrossed the room and turned our fan lighr off. We didnt sleep in our room for a week after that. It was like a dark shadow like figure that hovered.
    So scary! I sware thats why I have to sleep with my reading lamp on on?

November 15, 2008 at 1:11 am
  • I’ve never had an experience that I can definitely say was ghostly, but I have felt oddly ill at ease sometimes, as if I weren’t alone in a room (when I thought I was, of course!)

November 15, 2008 at 8:31 pm
  • I’ve never had experiences like that, I have to say. And I don’t WANT to either! 😯

The closest we have come was when our television used to turn on by itself but we are pretty certain it was a faulty timer. It never did it when it wasn’t plugged in or then I’d be sure it WAS a ghost!

November 16, 2008 at 2:46 am