Testing for mold and sending presents, yippie! · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
We to a big leap of faith, quit our jobs are moved to the the heart of the Shawnee National Forest to follow our dreams of self sufficiency and to make a go of living off the land… Can we help you feed your family?
Southern Illinois, farm, CSA, Goat Milk, Soap, Eggs, meat, local food
1834
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-1834,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive
 

Testing for mold and sending presents, yippie!

Testing for mold and sending presents, yippie!

Today actually yesterday (I am a day behind in posting this) was a productive day. We started the day boxing up the family holiday gifts. We sent off 4 boxes to family in Arizona, one to my BZZ Agent Secret Santa and 4 boxes to soldiers we’ve sponsored for the holidays. We still have 2 boxes of family gifts to send off but are waiting for straggling gifts to arrive via amazon.com before we can close those up and get them on their way.

Also we busted out 2 of the do-it-yourself mold test kits and did those today. They are really simple and seem like a a great way to know for sure about the air quality in this rental. All you do is add this supplied solution to the petri dish, cover it and let it harden for 1 hour.

Then you take your petri dish to the room you want to test, set the dish down on a flat surface, remove the lid and leave it for an hour. After the hour you recover the petri dish, label it and let it incubate for 48-72 hours. Mold growth is visible on the solution in the petri dish if it is present.

What is even better is you can send your test in to the maker of the kits if mold is detected and for a fee they’ll analyze the mold growth and tell you what kind it is. Seem like just the proof mind easing we need huh?

After the mold testing and gift sending I got to feeling particularly crappy. Either the toxic mold is killing me or I am getting sick. Either way it sucks a big one because I can’t take much for relief. I have my usual “un-fever” going where I feel like I am on fire but my temp is way low, my throat and nose are all runny and sore and irritated and I feel all kinds of achy and blah. I spent the day in bed and actually was able to sleep at bit in the evening. I am chugging water and trying to kick whatever it is I have. Being sick for the holidays blows especially when you are preggers and cant take drugs for the cold.

Oh and if you need a laugh and have lady parts you might like to read this most entertaining post. It was seriously the highlight of my day and also the reason I fear waxing! Helped me get my mind off the toxic mold for a bit too.

No Comments

Post a Comment