After weeks of excessively emailing property management companies, banging my head against the wall when they don’t respond and after much hair pulling it appears we have found ourselves a house! I posted a few “housing wanted” ads on craigslist and several property owners responded to me. After viewing photos of homes we have found one we are comfortable renting once we arrive in Evansville. We are just waiting for the lease to be faxed over now. Having this taken care of is a huge relief for us!
Now we have a motor home and a rental place in Evansville! These are probably the two major things we have been working the hardest to get squared away.
This weekend it appears I’ll be seeing my whole family! My mother is visiting to help out with the yard sale and she is bringing my two brothers and my little niece (who I talked about in this post last week). It looks like it will be a fun/ busy weekend for us, I hope to have photos to share once it is all over.
As you know I have also been looking at places to visit on the way to Evansville. Here are some odd-ball yet interesting places I came across in my research, clicking on the titles will bring up images of the sight, admission info is link to more info on the site. Enjoy!
- Cowboy Boot Tree at Dot’s Mini Museum, Vega, TX – Want to see some cowboy boots hanging from a tree outside a museum that is in someone’s home? If so check this sight out. My mom has a thing for cowboys so we may need to take her photo in front of this tree. Admission is free but donations are accepted.
- Cadillac Ranch Amarillo, TX – these old Cadillac cars are buried nose down in the soil and covered with colorful graffiti. This is surely a photo opp for N and I. We are fun like that. Admission is free.
- Huge Pair of Legs, Amarillo, TX– Giant leg sculpture art. Admission is free.
- Dinosaur Museum, Tucumcari, NM – My younger brother was really into dinosaurs as a child and I know visiting this museum will be fun for him. Admission is $6.00 per adult and hours are posted on their site.
- Dorothy’s House and Land of OZ/ Wizard of OZ Complex, Liberal, KS -This attraction was suggested by Karen who has visited. She makes it sound very fun and my mom and I are now sold on visiting it! A bit more info is available here.
- “Open Book” Library, Liberal, KS -Yep, the library is shaped a an open book, this would also be a good photo opp as we are passing through. A bit more info on the library is available here.
Apparently the site roadsideamerica.com is great for finding offbeat attractions, I found much great info via their site!
Okay, now that I have wasted 2 hours compiling and researching this info I need to get busy on clearing out the spare rooms for our weekend company. Happy Tuesday everyone, you think I’ll be productive today?