5 weeks pregnant and light pink spotting... · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-1509,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive

5 weeks pregnant and light pink spotting…

5 weeks pregnant and light pink spotting…

This morning when I woke up I noticed I was having some very light, faint pink spotting. We are talking clearish light pink. Last night I did notice some minor abdominal aches and cramps while I was making dinner.

I don’t really know what this means or if it is the beginnings of a miscarriage, I probably spoke too soon with my last post huh? I am pretty exhausted and have been curling up on the futon all morning resting and worrying. It is too late to be implantation spotting. I could be passing another cyst but I am not sure if it is possible while pregnant.

Everything we read talks about how many early miscarriages are usually attributed to chromosomal defects and that they often cannot be stopped. So I am just waiting it out on the futon, besides we don’t have a doctor or insurance coverage right now anyway.

Part of me wants to run around and keep busy so that I am not worrying. I vacuumed the house this morning until the vacuum beater belt broke. The other part of me just wants to crawl in to a hole and die. Now I am back on the futon resting and will try to relax for the rest of the day if I can stand it.

Hopefully the spotting does not turn in to full on bleeding and it stops. I’ll keep you posted as things progress.

• Oh my, what turmoil your mind must be in now. I’ll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

October 23, 2008 at 3:16 pm
  • Oh sweets, I am so sorry. Hang in there. Hopefully it is just nothing. If the bleeding increases or becomes more bright red, you may want to see a doctor. But please take it easy today and rest up. *hugs*

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Momisodess last blog post..Consumed

October 23, 2008 at 3:27 pm
  • I’m praying for you and sending good energy your way. I understand the need to keep busy and keep your mind off of it but don’t do anything strenuous.

October 23, 2008 at 5:10 pm
  • Hard to do, but try to relax, even if you can’t mentally, at least physically! My thoughts are with you though, and hope all is well!

Loris last blog post..I lost myself and loved it!

October 23, 2008 at 5:14 pm
  • Oh, darlin, that is awful for you. The best way to relax is to do LaMaze breathing. It calms your mind, body, and emotions. It does not bring on labour, so don’t freak, it is the breathing that women use to get through labour. I use it to achieve an altered state, and to heal pain.
    Try it, please. Take care of you.

witchypoos last blog post..Road Trip

October 23, 2008 at 6:02 pm
  • I am so sorry your body and mind seem to be in turmoil right now. I hope everything is okay. I agree with the others, rest, take care of yourself, avoid strenuous activity, and go see a doctor if it gets worse.

Dingos last blog post..We’re Gonna Need A Bigger Boat

October 23, 2008 at 6:37 pm
  • Krystal McCarthy

Rest, rest and more rest. I had my “period” when I was pregnant with aidan for the first 3 months, thats why I didnt know I was pregnant till I was 17 weeks along. I wish I could give more advise than that. You and N will be in my thought and chants tonight. I love you honey.

October 23, 2008 at 6:50 pm
  • YES… what everybody else has said AND does your city/town have a free nurse hotline? We have something called Ask-A-Nurse where you can call any time of day or night and get a registered nurse who’ll run your symptoms through a database and give you advice and what the most likely reason is.

Rest. Rest. Rest.

Keep us posted!

Hyphen Mamas last blog post..Because I’m A Sharer

October 23, 2008 at 9:47 pm
  • fingers Crossed and prayer being said. It’s all I can do. Except maybe (HUG).

lceels last blog post..Internet Impotence

October 24, 2008 at 7:34 am
  • Talina, I am glad that you checked out Hyphen Mama’s link. I hope that it put you into a less stressed out frame of mind. I am keeping positive thoughts and prayers for you 🙂 And NO more physical work!

maiden53s last blog post..An “Over The Rainbow” Kind of Day

October 24, 2008 at 12:12 pm
  • Oh, I hope everything settles for you. I will be thinking of you.

tiffs last blog post..Watching and waiting.

October 24, 2008 at 6:48 pm
  • Just keep resting. It’s hard though.

I bled on and off for the entire first trimester (still have no idea what caused it) and for parts of the second. It is the biggest head f*ck ever.

October 24, 2008 at 6:50 pm
  • MoM

Hi Sweetie, I’am so sorry, YOU did not tell me when we talked. Let me suggest #1 no vacuming,#2 lifting nothing, #3 resting when you want,feet up,Zone out on decovery health and life time. Baby I bleed a little bit in the beg and Dr’s. told me my body was confused and did’nt know weather to have a period or not and by the 2nd trimester it figured it out. But during this time you will be ache w/a sore abdomen, boobs we’ve talked about so please rest like your doing after each task and relax don’t stress. PLEASE!!! These first 3/5 months are touchie. Love Ya Your always in my prayers. MOM I loved your water drops your last one was the best. I don’t have a camera that can catch that detail. good job. Another way to relax. Love Ya. MOM

October 25, 2008 at 5:41 pm