In the new house, beginning to settle in. · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-40681,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive

In the new house, beginning to settle in.

In the new house, beginning to settle in.

It has been 4 days since we first stepped foot in our new home out here in Evansville, IN. Things have just begun to settle down and we are starting to settle in and enjoy our new surroundings. The last few days have been crazy hectic and I have gotten way behind in sharing my road trip experience. Lets just say the police were involved and we were all just trying to get from one day to the next, now things are resolved and my writing focus is beginning to return.

I’ll be posting our day 6 adventures soon, I just finished posting the continuation of day 5 and we now have internet access in the house so I can begin reading and commenting on other blogs again. Woho!

Does anybody know what this fruit is? They are falling from the trees in our back yard and they smell all citrusy but when you cut them open they have giant pits inside (like avocado) and thy don’t smell too citrusy on the inside. They stain your hands green with their juices and we are just dying to know what the heck they are.

Powered by Qumana

• Um, it may be Quince. We had a quince tree in my parents’ backyard and they looked similar.

Rees last blog post..WW – Cat Naps

September 11, 2008 at 11:50 am
  • I have no idea what that fruit is. I can’t wait to hear why the police were involved! Glad you made to IN ok and that you are all safe!

Beckys last blog post..Miss Manners

September 11, 2008 at 12:08 pm
  • Wow–I’ve just been catching up. I swear I thought you wouldn’t be to Evansville for a few more days. Apparently I’ve lost a few days in life. Go figure.

You’re going to tell us the story about the cops being called, right?

Hyphen Mamas last blog post..Such Good News!

September 11, 2008 at 5:58 pm
  • I am glad that you all arrived safely and am sorry that your new home had to start with the cops. Hi to all.

September 11, 2008 at 6:14 pm
  • Yay – glad that you are safe in your new home. I have no idea what that fruit was. I’d be interested to find out though.

September 11, 2008 at 8:17 pm
  • They look a lot like black walnuts. What does the tree look like? Show me the tree and the leaves.

Karens last blog post..My Thoughts On Sarah Palin and The Republican Ticket

September 11, 2008 at 10:13 pm
  • Glad you arrived, even with police involved, you can put that behind you now, and find a place for all your treasures.

witchypoos last blog post..Sexual Magic

September 11, 2008 at 10:21 pm
  • There was a huge black walnut tree in the backyard of the house I grew up in. They start out huge and green like that, and have a very distinct smell to them. When they come out of that green rind, there is a hard, wrinkled black nut inside. We used to use a hammer or a large rock to crack the nuts, which are sweet and very hard to get out of the shell, although they are worth the effort.

Karens last blog post..It’s Getting To Be That Time Again…

September 13, 2008 at 12:23 am
  • It almost looks like the giant walnuts we had growing in our yard growing up; how exciting to have such a neat treat growing right in your yard.

September 13, 2008 at 11:26 am