Our gas bill is how much? · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-454,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive

Our gas bill is how much?

Our gas bill is how much?

My blood started to boil when I walked into the dining room and peered over N’s shoulder at the gas bill.

Last month we paid $55.39 for 40 therms over the course of 2 months, this was November & December. Our new bill is for $208.61!!

Apparently we used 170 therms in 32 days… That’s 5.31 therms per day folks 🙁 So now we have to pay over 3 times what we paid last month and I don’t know where that money will come from.

How is your gas bill this time of year? Have you ever experienced a major jump in usage like ours? Any ideas about this insane increase in our bill?

So the gas bill makes me sad but this video of the president makes me laugh! http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=148214&title=bush-truly-happy

6 Comments
  • teeni

We use oil where we are and well, we all know how high oil prices have risen. So I feel your pain.

teeni’s last blog post..Three Strikes and You?re Out!

January 26, 2008 at 12:00 pm
  • kaylee

LOL Glad i dont pay those 😉

kaylee’s last blog post..Want to know something that I haven?t shared?

January 26, 2008 at 1:40 pm
  • we haven’t gotten a bill for our new apartment yet, and my husband keeps bugging me because it’s so cold in here. i don’t know what the bill is going to run, so i’d rather be cold the first month just in case!

when my sister and i lived in indianapolis, we had an 850 square foot apartment and were getting utility bills over $200. it was horrible.

corrin’s last blog post..CostCaptain Saves the Day

January 26, 2008 at 10:54 am
  • I rent, but always go for the utilities included option. I lucked out with this flat, as cable is also included.

witchypoo’s last blog post..WTHeck?

January 26, 2008 at 12:19 pm
  • We don’t have gas bills. BUT our electricity went from $350 (in winter, very reasonable) to $750 (beginning of summer). I was all like WTF??? I paid it, but man, it shouldn’t have been that high. The new bill is due in a week, I am scared.

Veronica’s last blog post..Viva La Hawtolución

January 26, 2008 at 4:49 pm
  • I had hoped that our winter monthly propane bill would be way under the usual 500.00 since we had turned the heat down about 8-10 degrees…. didn’t help the amount though…. I guess propane is very high right now.

April’s last blog post..families and basketball

January 26, 2008 at 5:49 pm