Better late than never- Delurking Day 2009
Blog lurkers are known as those folks who visit, read and then run. They are either too shy to say anything, they are blog stalkers who don’t want you to know they are reading or they simply have nothing to say about what you’ve just talked about cause it was a boring post.
Delurking Day 2009 was 1/12/09 but I missed it in my excitement over birthing at The Farm and all. Thanks to Hotfessional and Juggling Life I learned of delurking day much like how N and I realized we were being legally married on halloween, too little to late.
Anywho, the idea of delurking day is to get blog readers who don’t comment to fess up and leave a comment below so we know they are around here and in the loop.
Some of you are related to me, some of you see me in person from time to time or know me form the past, some of you have never met me face to face but have built a bond through blogging. Either way you are sharing in my life by being a regular reader of my blog and that is important to me. Now I am calling you out and challenging you to speak up and delurk just for this one day.
This blog gets anywhere from 200- 300 hits per day (except for Christmas Day) and an average of 5-18 comments per day. That means quite a few people are lurking, like more than 100 of you!
If you are reading this post expose yourself! Simply post a comment below saying hello, you don’t have to have a blog to comment, just type your name, email address (don’t worry it wont be publicly displayed) and your comment. Lets see how many lurkers come out of the wood work today…
Also, Donna B. tagged me for a meme this week:
On her blog she said it was “a very non-important meme. (Is that redundant?) Cassandra at Villainous Company calls it a crappy meme, but I’ll not go there.”
The rules are as follows:
- Link to the person that tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
- Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
And now my 6 not important tidbits of info for you:
- I have a nice mole type freckle in my left armpit, so does my mom. We share many of the same freckle markings. Strange huh? This armpit freckle/ mole is hard to shave around without cutting the darn thing off, luckily since my mom has one too she showed me the shaving tricks at a young age so I am good.
- Speaking of shaving, I wasn’t allowed to shave my legs until I was in middle school and I had some long ass blond leg hairs that everyone teased me about. Heidi do you remember this?
- All through middle school and even high school I would have a package of powdered doughnuts (or chocolate if they were out of powdered) and a soda for my lunch. I would also have a soda and a giant warm cookie everyday for breakfast throughout high school. Right now I am craving powdered doughnuts but have none, I’ll settle for a bag of warm microwave popcorn instead. There is a glimpse of what I’ll eat when I don’t actively try to have a healthy diet.
- I dated a guy for 4 years back in high school, we broke up because he wanted to “experiment” and all that jazz. I am pretty sure he is still experimenting… with penis… Nice huh? Luckily I met N shortly after the breakup with the gay guy and the rest is history…
- I hate when my foods mix on my plate. The contaminating of flavor really bugs me. N likes to eat several things at once like a bite of meat mixed with some veggies. I think it ruins the flavor of each individual items when you combine them, unless you are supposed to combine them like in shepherds pie or something.
- I am a SAHM- to be and my daytime TV consists of Desperate Housewives. I am not caught up to the current season so I am watching like 2 recorded episodes a day to get caught up eventually. I DO NOT like soaps at all and can’t stand talk shows or reality shows (except The Bad Girls Club)… I am not much of TV fan, why do we pay $70.00 a month for satellite again?
Okay so there you have it my 6 not important tidbits of info for you to chew on. I am tagging: Heidi, Becky, Janelle, Krystal, Connie, N and Witchypoo. Now that I just shared all that info you need to delurk okay? Lets see if we can get the comment count on this post to exceede 20 comments!