I am pretty excited and still doing some theme tweaking but the new look is coming shortly, stay tuned!
I am pretty excited and still doing some theme tweaking but the new look is coming shortly, stay tuned!
Way back in January I thought it would be fun to participate in another blog interview meme. This one was started over at: http://maggiesmind.blogspot.com and I got in on the action via Hotfessional’s post offering to interview some peeps. I knew it would be a good meme to save and schedule for posting while I am away having Tater so I sat on it for about six months and am finally posting it now.
Here are her five questions for me and my answers to them:
1-What is the very favorite piece of clothing you ever had? Hmm, this one is hard because my clothing rotation right now is pretty slim due to the pregnancy. I love my wedding dress very much and can’t wait to wear it to our wedding some day. Oh and I LOVE my 2 brightly colored tube tops. Hopefully I’ll love my new Old Navy Tankini I just ordered for my post pregnancy body. It’s been ages since I’ve bought a new swimsuit!
2-If you could have dinner with one Prime Minister/President who would it be? President Obama, I would love to talk with him about the economy and the state of health care in this country. I would tell him all about midwives and prenatal care. He would hate me probably.
3-What did you want to be named when you were younger? (Like 7-ish?) Tiffany. For some reason I thought it was a fun name and that with a fun name I could be more popular and fun… Now days I think differently and most of the Tiffanys I’ve known were… Ahem, fun in a loose sort of way. Not exactly what I was aiming for. Kind of like having the name Bambi or something. Now I am way over it and perfectly okay with my given name.
4-What’s your favorite smell? I love the sent of cinnamon, for some reason it is so cozy and comforting to me. Those cinnamon pine cones that come around in the fall/ winter are heaven! Cinnamon candles, cinnamon breath. Love it all!
5-If you found out that you were reincarnated in your current life, who would you have been in your prior life? You know, one of my grandmas thinks she was Cleopatria in a past life and we always laugh about this… She is all crazy when she talks about this and we all just smile let her go on and on about it. I don’t really relate to past famous people in the way she (and many others) do… I was probably an animal or something in a past life, like a Tiger.
Okay so now it is your turn! Want to be part of it? All you have to do is follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” I’ll interview the first 3 commenters requesting an interview.
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions (once I get back from having Tater of course). I get to pick the questions and I won’t be too crazy about them.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions I’ve asked.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Teeni awarded me the Honest Scrap Award sometime ago. The idea is that I am supposed to tell you ten honest things about me and then tag seven victims/ friends to do the same on their own blog.
So, my 10 honest things are:
1. I have a very tiny tattoo that my little brother gave me one thanksgiving. It is the smallest one in history I think!
2. I’ve only ever lived in 2 states, Arizona and now Indiana.
3. I am the oldest and have 2 younger brothers.
4. My mom had me, waited 5 years, had my brother, waited 5 more years then had my youngest brother. How is that for perfect spacing?
5. I died my hair green in 6th grade to win a contest. I love contests!
6. N and I were legally married (on Halloween 2009) but we plan to have a wedding in Arizona once Tater is born.
7. I have a nice mole type freckle in my left armpit, so does my mom. We share many of the same freckle markings. Strange huh? This armpit freckle/ mole is hard to shave around without cutting the darn thing off, luckily since my mom has one too she showed me the shaving tricks at a young age so I am good. 8. Speaking of shaving, I wasn’t allowed to shave my legs until I was in middle school and I had some long ass blond leg hairs that everyone teased me about. Heidi do you remember this?
9. I am an organ donor and have told N that being buried in a burlap sack under an unmarked tree 100% natural is fine by me.
10. In reality I’ll probably be cremated though since unmarked graves are illegal and all. Cremation is fine by me.
The 7 people I am tagging are:
Janelle from Junk Food 4 The Soul gave me the Zombie Chicken Award! (she got it from Delmer) This award is described as being given to:
“The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the Zombie Chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…”
Well, what an honor to receive this award. My favorite thing about it is how the description makes me laugh! So, lets see I would pass this on to:
Here is another Weekly Winners post, all photos were captured using my new Kodak Cd-1013 Digital Camera.
This is the crappy food photo edition. Behold my first attempt at making Mac and Cheese from scratch, easy enough right?
I knew something was terribly wrong when the macaroni was practically disintegrated after just a few minutes of cooking but I drained it and proceeded to make the recipe anyway. Here is how it looked when plated up:
N took the first bite and didn’t say anything, he just seasoned the stuff and kept eating. When I took my first bite I practically vomited in my mouth.
The recipe wasn’t bad and the cheesy part was good as was the asparagus that was mixed in.
The problem was the wheat pasta that was no longer pasta. It was more like a wheat mush. Could the issue have been that the pasta was a Big Lots $.25 special? Perhaps it is because it was a product of Mexico?
Either way it was clear to me after one bite that we could NOT eat any of the meal so I grabbed the plates up because N was still trying to be polite by eating the mush and not vomiting… I tried to come up with a quick plan B for dinner.
Luckily we had some frozen burritos in the freezer that we could nuke and enjoy.
Too bad we had to discover some three day old chocolate chip pancakes still chillin’ in the microwave when we went to nuke the burritos.
What? We don’t microwave very often and I never store food in there, unlike some people…
We felt bad about all the wasted food with the botched Mac and Cheese so just for good measure we offered it up to the animals as a “treat”. Usually they jump at the chance for some people food.
When the cats turn their noses up at it you know it is totally bad news…So yeah.
I can make all sorts of complicated things from scratch but Mac and Cheese, not so much. I blame the pasta! Someday I’ll attempt it again with better pasta, but not for a long time. Left a bad taste in my mouth.
Blog lurkers are known as those folks who visit, read and then run. They are either too shy to say anything, they are blog stalkers who don’t want you to know they are reading or they simply have nothing to say about what you’ve just talked about cause it was a boring post.
Delurking Day 2009 was 1/12/09 but I missed it in my excitement over birthing at The Farm and all. Thanks to Hotfessional and Juggling Life I learned of delurking day much like how N and I realized we were being legally married on halloween, too little to late.
Anywho, the idea of delurking day is to get blog readers who don’t comment to fess up and leave a comment below so we know they are around here and in the loop.
Some of you are related to me, some of you see me in person from time to time or know me form the past, some of you have never met me face to face but have built a bond through blogging. Either way you are sharing in my life by being a regular reader of my blog and that is important to me. Now I am calling you out and challenging you to speak up and delurk just for this one day.
This blog gets anywhere from 200- 300 hits per day (except for Christmas Day) and an average of 5-18 comments per day. That means quite a few people are lurking, like more than 100 of you!
If you are reading this post expose yourself! Simply post a comment below saying hello, you don’t have to have a blog to comment, just type your name, email address (don’t worry it wont be publicly displayed) and your comment. Lets see how many lurkers come out of the wood work today…
Also, Donna B. tagged me for a meme this week:
On her blog she said it was “a very non-important meme. (Is that redundant?) Cassandra at Villainous Company calls it a crappy meme, but I’ll not go there.”
The rules are as follows:
- Link to the person that tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
- Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
And now my 6 not important tidbits of info for you:
Okay so there you have it my 6 not important tidbits of info for you to chew on. I am tagging: Heidi, Becky, Janelle, Krystal, Connie, N and Witchypoo. Now that I just shared all that info you need to delurk okay? Lets see if we can get the comment count on this post to exceede 20 comments!
… me stealing a meme from Teeni to mindlessly do cause what else do I have to offer?
I have noticed that my recent posts have been nothing but a diary of happenings, preparations for the move and my worries. Writing them makes me feel okay afterward but it makes for some uneventful reading I am sure. I guess all the moving prep has sucked me dry of any inspired writing ability these days. So here is all I could manage
I am: eating a tuna sandwich
I think: moving companies are a pain in the butt
I know: things are going to be great once we get to Evansville
I have: a major headache right now
I wish: i could just get everything for the move set right now
I hate: waiting
I miss: hanging out with girlfriends
I fear: paying for this move is going clean us out
I hear: the x-files on TV
I smell: tuna, remember I am eating a tuna sandwich
I crave: sees candy chocolates but we don’t have one here
I search: for the life I am meant to live
I wonder: how long it will take us to conceive once we get settled in Indiana
I regret: nothing, everything was worthwhile and beneficial in some way
I love: excitement and trying new things
I ache: just thinking about how we are going to have to pack the moving truck
I am not: a mother or a wife
I believe: in life things happen in the order they are meant to, not in the order you have always dreamed.
I dance: almost everyday!
I sing: in the car but used to be a vocal performer.
I cry: vary rarely but probably should cry more.
I fight: when I am irritable, which happens to be right now 😮
I win: at Tetris all the time!
I lose: so much hair every day, I shed way too much!
I never: go without coffee in the morning
I always: try to think positive
I confuse: N all the time and don’t mean to.
I listen: to all my friends and carry their problems
I can usually be found: on my laptop
I am scared: that my site was hacked, has anyone clicked links on here and been taken to different urls?
I need: to feel like I have started my own family, with or without kids.
I am happy about: N getting his new job and us moving away.
I imagine: the move will be exactly what we need.
I tag: maiden53, Becky, FabGrandma, missburrows and Talina Ripper
While I was making my peanut butter and honey toast this morning I looked in the sink and my blood started to curdle. Right there in the freaking sink the dish scrubber was chillin, this is a BIG no-no in my kitchen! The sink is the dirtiest place ever, food gets dumped in it and down the garbage disposal. When the scrubber or sponge lays in the sink dishes get piled on top of it, it gets covered with slimy food/ germs and after that who would want to use it or reach in to find it? Not me buddy! Honestly, how does it make sense to put the item you use to clean crap off of dishes in the bottom of the sink? You may as well be wiping your dishes down with a raw chicken breast or some old paper towel you found in the trash. Yuck!
Then I thought, what a lovely and possibly entertaining thing to blog about! Something as small as a food covered scrubber that pisses me off is a perfect blog topic! So I headed over to google to search for a pet peeve meme that I could use to share my disgust. Over at Danielles Garden I found a top 5 pet peeves meme that just fit the bill. Here it goes, my pet peeves of the moment..
1. Dirty germ infested, food covered dish scrubbers that are all nastied up and left for ME to deal with! We might as well skip the dish washing and just eat off dirty dishes, that way we are exposed to LESS germs and bacteria.
2. People who are in constant need of your sympathy because “they have it so bad”, everyone deals with sucky shit and they manage to pick themselves and function in the real world. You can to, but if you choose not to don’t make everyone else out to be the bad guys.
3. Truck drivers who can’t wait for a clearing in traffic to pull out on to the road like the rest of us. What rule allows you to pull out in front of oncoming traffic (near the little america in Flagstaff) and expect everyone to stop and wait for you? Pretty sure you are the one who is supposed to be yielding to the flow of traffic not the other way around!
4. When you go through your day trying to be courteous and respectful of everyone around you despite the fact that nobody else does the same. Being respectful and courteous is damn annoying when everyone else is self centered and nasty but what can you do? Stooping to their level is not any better.
5. Loud or frantic eaters annoy me to no end! I don’t understand why people need to eat like someone is going to steal the plate away from them, take time to chew your food and enjoy it. Besides nobody want to watch or hear you inhaling your meal! Also, my skin crawls when people eat their fries like a “wood chopper”… Think about it, I know you have seen this done. They stick the tip of the fry in their mouth, chew on it then they move on to the next part o the fry… Ugh, it is hard to explain. Here is a video illustration fr ya! Watch the girl on the left with the white hat on, she is chopping fries!
So, want to share your pet peeves? You know you want to! Common do it, you will feel better- but link to me too okay? You can say something like, Talina over at Harvest of Daily Life shared her top 5 pet peeves and encouraged me to do the same. Here is my take on the 5 pet peeves meme!
Oh, wordpress users, get your image to show up when you comment by getting a gravatar! I just did, it is not that hard. all you need to do is: “begin by registering a Gravatar image on the Gravatars site by signing up and submitting an image.” or sign in to your “global dashboard” and upload your preferred photo! I just read a nice post about this over @ lorelle.wordpress.com and mine works like a charm now!
I was tagged by Teeni who was tagged by Bobby Revell at Revellion Dot Com who was tagged by Todd from Success With Todd who was tagged by Lin who was tagged by Lightening who was tagged by Bettina who was tagged by Jayne and Nikki who were tagged by …. What?
Okay, I’ll stop! I just thought it would be fun to link to tons of people who also did this meme, I am easily amused okay? Anyway for this meme all you have to do is write a little about each of the following topics – books, television, and music. Here I go!
Books – I like to read but often have trouble finding a book that can keep my interest. I loved reading books by p.j. tracy, I just couldn’t put those books down! P. J Tracy is actually a mother & daughter author combo, they both write the books and they were great.
Right now I am reading Firestorm it is okay but doesn’t totally captivate me. What? I have a short attention span or something!
Oh and just last weekend I was reading a few chapters on the way to one of my students competitions and this smutty sex scene chapter snuck up out of the blue. I was very weired out by it and didn’t expect the action/ mystery book to have a cheap sex scene chaper in it… I mean if an image of a loving couple is on the cover I know it is a cheap sex novel but I just didn’t expect Firestorm to be like that.
I just got a book from Collins publishing that I am in the process of reviewing right now. It is called Party Basics for New Nester’s and it has lots of recipes and party ideas!
Television – I like TV but am not super pleased with the limited number of new episodes of my favorite shows. I watch Army Wives, Grey’s Anatomy, Lost, The Riches and during the day I watch Bad Girls Club and Sex in The City reruns for background music.
My man is a broadcast journalist so I watch him on the news but generally I don’t watch the whole news cast (I’ll watch his story and then turn the news off) because it is just so depressing and negative. It is unfortunate that our society thrives on the bad, gross or startling news stories… When the news station airs some awful news story about the people in your neighborhood you watch it right? So, then you are fueling the stations to air more heartbreaking news next time because they know you will be drawn to it and that you will watch. So, that is why I don’t watch the news.
Music – I am a fan of all types of music and I have a wide variety of favorites. I try to stay on top of the newest music since I am a choreographer and winterguard instructor. I use my IPOD to transport all my music but my cigarette charger is dead in the car so I can’t use my AM/ FM transmitter to play my IPOD tunes while I am driving. I have to listen to CD’s and the radio instead. I love songs by Tori Amos, I have a Fallout Boy CD playing in the car and I also enjoy my Timbaland CD in the car.
I have designed shows to songs by The Fray, Something Corporate, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Maroon 5, Enya and more. Oh, I love the sounds of Tibetan Singing Bowls they are so relaxing and I am also enjoying listening to Linkin Park and Graham Colton!
Guess I kind of turned this meme in to a list of info huh? I just don’t have the brain power to do much more right now… I need to take a nap!
I was visiting a fellow blogger, Zooropazoo, who was tagged for a meme I really liked. It is the wish meme, here is how it goes
1. Think about what it is that you want more than anything, what your heart’s desire and fondest wish is, and what it is that you would wish for if you were to see a wishing star flying across the night sky.
2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic above.
3. Tell us about your own wish on your blog and tag some friends so they can do the same!
My wish is quite simple. I just want to have the financial ability to buy a home of our own and the physical ability to start a family. Kind of simple huh? I am a simple gal…
So, what is your wish? I am not tagging any specific people but would love for you to do this meme if it touches you! Can’t wait to read your wish!
Teeni just did this meme (a meme is basically a blog post idea that gets passed among bloggers), she was tagged by Paige at Eat, Bitch, & Whine. I thought it sounded like a fun one to do, it allows blog owners to refer readers to some of their notable/ relevant posts that offer insight into who they are. It also allows blog readers to lean about the blog owners without having to search out the information. Here is the premise of this meme:
1. Go through your archives and link to five of your favorite posts that you have written.
2. Tag five other people to do this meme. Two of them must be people you already know so that you can get to know each other better.
Here are my 4 posts that I am sharing from the archives:
1. My post about family is Enjoy the holidays, family members and all, family has taught me much about my own personal boundaries and the situations I prefer to remain in.
2. My post about friends is The biggest lesson I have learned in 2006 because my friends have taught me many lessons over the years and have made me a better person.
3. An amusing post that is “about me” is Random musings of march 2007 because it an assortment of what my day to day experiences and thoughts are like.
4. My favorite post about something I love is of course For the love or gardening because I love gardening!
5. A random post I want to share is Elizabethan collars and bloody sores because it a perfect look at my “zoo” and how exiting every day can be.
I was tagged by Corrin to participate in a fun little book meme, this is a fun idea! I had trouble finding myself a book to do this with as we are still surrounded by a maze of boxes. I did however find a old chicken soup for the teenage soul book that I sued for this! Enjoy!
How to play:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.
Mine went like this:
“… that he left a large tip after lunch. The waitress, surprised by the size of the tip, bet the whole thing on a hunch. The next day she picked up her winnings, and gave part to a man on the street.”