Lookie what I got... · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-1614,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive

Lookie what I got…

Lookie what I got…

Just wanted to share the gorgeous soap I just got in the mail today from Maiden53. It is a bar of fresh and energizing tangerine soap, yum! I love handmade soap for a number of reasons. The main one is because homemade soap is usually more natural and it leaves my skin feeling so nice.

After checking out the Garland Prarie Soaps page I got really excited about the occation soaps idea. N and I have been brainstorming fun wedding favor ideas and homemade soaps are a really good idea! With our forest wedding theme we wanted to encorporate the scents and textures of the forest in to the wedding reception. Giving individually wrapped homemade soaps to our guests is a very cute idea. Fun!

Thanks Maiden53 for the bar of soap tell Nicole it is beautiful and I can’t wait to use it! I am also loving the textures and colors of it, I know that can’t be easy to do.

If you want a chance to win a free bar of Garlan Prarie Soap head on over to Nicole‘s blog for her friday soap giveaway.

• Oh, that looks like a great bar! This makes me want to get back into soap making. Hmm. Maybe. 😉

November 11, 2008 at 6:36 pm
  • Krystal McCarthy

That is the cutest idea for a wedding favor! Being in the wedding, do I get an extra large bar of soap? lol
    Can we hear the roach storie?

November 11, 2008 at 7:19 pm
  • I am glad that you like it:-)

maiden53s last blog post..Post 100!

November 11, 2008 at 7:48 pm
  • I LOVE fancy handmade soaps, those sound yummy!!

Spookygirls last blog post..In honor of FINALLY being able to use CommentLuv..

November 11, 2008 at 8:53 pm
  • I never use any other kind of soap. This is a most excellent wedding favour. And look! I won! Again!

witchypoos last blog post..CommentLuv Winner Notification. Comment author just won a prize!

November 11, 2008 at 9:50 pm
  • Talina, I’m so glad you like the soap! You should head on over to my blog and try to win another one…and, yes, I have done big batches for weddings, baby showers, b&b’s, etc. I can even personalize the labels! Isn’t “Maiden” the sweetest?

🙂

Nicoles last blog post..honor

November 11, 2008 at 9:53 pm
  • I have not bought a bar of soap in more than 10 years. I have been making my own and agree that it is far superior to anything you can buy.

Karens last blog post..Project 365 Day 36

November 12, 2008 at 1:16 am
  • well done Witchypoo for winning (again!) your database entries show you are playing the game properly with no double comments so you’re 4gb up this month 🙂

Thanks Talina for being a commentluv contest blog!

Andy Baileys last blog post..5 Reasons Blog Readers Love Commentluv

November 12, 2008 at 4:01 am
  • That soap does look yummy. I think I’d have to remind myself not to take a bite!

Donna B.s last blog post..Fried Potatoes, Southern Style

November 12, 2008 at 11:28 am
  • oooh, thanks for the link. sounds like something I’d LOVE.

November 12, 2008 at 4:36 pm
  • GREAT idea for a wedding favor! I love stuff like that.

Hyphen Mamas last blog post..Things I found in my bra at the end of the day…

November 13, 2008 at 3:07 pm
  • I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

March 23, 2009 at 6:19 am