The dress is here, yay! · Ryder Family Farm- Southern Illinois
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-1444,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-1.5.1,vertical_menu_enabled, vertical_menu_width_290,smooth_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive

The dress is here, yay!

The dress is here, yay!

I am 100% satisfied with my wedding dress purchase. I’ll admit I was feeling a bit apprehensive about buying a wedding dress on Ebay but I did my research, covered my butt and when it arrived today is was better than I thought it would be!

Yesterday I got a survey request from David’s Bridal, they wanted to know how my dress shopping experience went when I visited their store. What a perfect opportunity to share my 2 cents! I took the survey and gave them a piece of my mind. I also told them about finding the same dress in my size for less.

Anyway, when I tried this same dress on at the store the beading was all white and it was very pretty but my dress that just arrived today has sparkly silver beading mixed in with the white beading. It sparkles when light hits it! It is so pretty and looks way better than the one I tried on in the store.

Plus the size 2 fits my chest area perfectly, the dress is still big in the hips but that works out great with getting pregnant. I am sure my hips will expand a few inches huh? The dress gives me just enough room to grow with pregnancy. I figure I’ll just do alterations on the dress after I have our baby and right before the wedding. See everything happens exactly when it is meant to.

In other news I am also having less nausea today, that is always a good thing! I think the giddy excitement for everything is just starting to hit me. Yay for weddings and being pregnant! It is not happening in the most preferable order but we are just darn grateful anyway!

• T – you’re so gorgeous. You are going to make beautiful babies, too.

Rees last blog post..Sharing Saturday – Whatever…

October 18, 2008 at 7:17 pm
  • beautiful!

zeghsys last blog post..WHY!?!

October 18, 2008 at 8:08 pm
  • That dress is bea-ut-i-ful! I love the shiny sparklies.

Karens last blog post..Project 365 Day 12

October 18, 2008 at 8:12 pm
  • The dress is absolutely beautiful -T! Even better than the store with the sparklies, correct size and the PRICE!! Good for you that you told David’s off!

October 18, 2008 at 9:04 pm
  • *ahem* Get married today , while the dress fits. After baby weight is something you know nothing about. Trust me.

witchypoos last blog post..Great Contest

October 18, 2008 at 9:42 pm
  • Well… yeah, after baby weight is an issue, but dangit T is going to do just fine, I KNOW it. Or at least I hope I do. T, take no note of when or how often I’ve been wrong before… really it was only a few times, regardless what my daughters might tell you.

I worried about posting this link:
    because I didn’t want to offend you. Believe me, I am NOT suggesting that you, N, or any of your friends, relatives, or guests will commit such “social sins” that are documented there.

The reason I decided to go ahead and post it is because both my daughters and I had so much fun and stress relief from reading it while planning their weddings. I notice there’s a category for baby showers now.

I’m not nearly as sensitive about registries as most of those are at that site. In fact, I think it would be pretty cool of you to include links to your registries (both wedding and baby) somewhere on your site.

Then again, I’ve never been accused of being socially acceptable, so… do what you want 🙂

October 18, 2008 at 10:26 pm
  • Oh, I’m so happy that your dress is even BETTER than expected! Now that the dress search is over for you, I will tell you that I never really was happy with any service I ever got at David’s Bridal. So even cooler that you scored the same dress but better. 🙂

October 19, 2008 at 12:44 am
  • I think that T will be “one of those women” that does not put on any extra baby fat and will look as petite within a week of the baby being born (with ample boobs) as she does now – unlike myself that put on 50 pounds with each baby and took yrs to get rid of it all!!

October 19, 2008 at 1:19 am
  • Exactly, maiden53. I shall hate her for it, admiring her at the same time 🙂

Donna B.s last blog post..I Am Joe’s Wife, Aunt, Sister, Mother, Daughter

October 19, 2008 at 2:07 am
  • How lovely! It’s so beautiful!

Dingos last blog post..My dinner with…

October 19, 2008 at 2:33 am
  • cool :-), T! We will ALL hate you and admire and love you through the whole pregnancy and weight *eh* gain! 🙂

maiden53s last blog post..A Letter From My Horses

October 19, 2008 at 11:37 am
  • Donna B:, thanks for the link to etiquettehell.com, I linked to it, and lost myself for 1/2hour,, lol. I will have to bo back to it when I have some time to read it without disruption!
    Talina, you look georgeous in the dress! And I was admiring the bathroom,, lol, are those built in cupboards?

Loris last blog post..Eye still spy, and say WHY???

October 19, 2008 at 1:41 pm
  • Lori: It is actually a built-in cabinet in the bathroom. It would seem to indicate they really knew how to build houses with built-in storage back in the 30’s and 40’s!

October 19, 2008 at 2:18 pm
  • I wouldn’t be so worried about your hips expanding (although, it does happen) I would be worrying about your boobs!

Mine are a good cup size larger than prior to getting pregnant. Just thought I’d let you know, so you are prepared!

And I agree, the dress is gorgeous.

October 19, 2008 at 4:53 pm
  • I lost all my baby weight from my daughter within the first 2 weeks of giving birth (I was 20 when I had her). With my son, I’m still trying to lose the weight!! He’s 3 and I had him when I was 30:)

Your dress is beyond beautiful and you look amazing in it. Everything will work out perfectly…just the way its supposed to.

Beckys last blog post..Lazy

October 19, 2008 at 6:44 pm
  • BEAUTIFUL!!! Just beautiful.

October 20, 2008 at 9:03 am
  • The dress looks amazing! My wedding gown was very similar.
    How far along will you be at the wedding? Everyone gains pregnancy weight different, but I’m guessing you’ll fall into the normal weight gain range and stay nice and petite 🙂

Momisodess last blog post..Sure, Why Not? Everyone Else Has Seen It.

October 20, 2008 at 8:56 pm