Back to school with Scoolio-Von-Hoolio and OfficeMax giveaway. Get Organized Today!
Last week I was invited to participate in a “Get Organized for Back-to-School” webcast & twitter chat and it was a blast. First off I love twitter chats of any kind so I was stoked to participate, I was also interested in getting some organizational tips because our “office” is anything but organized.
The idea of the webcast was that Peter Walsh and several panelists would present organizational tips for the home, for kids and for the classroom while allowing viewers to submit questions via twitter that the panelists would answer.
N isn’t the most organized person in the world so I was stoked to get some organizational tips from the webcast. They presented lots of good info and many good reminders about organization. Here are a few:
TIPS FOR HOME
1) Find the Vision you have for a Space
2) Make Organization a Family Value
3) Use the Right Tools for Great Organization
TIPS FOR ORGANIZING YOUR CHILD
1) Show that you Value Organization
2) Establish Clear Limits and Routines
3) Always ‘Finish the Cycle’ (Complete a Task)
TIPS FOR THE CLASSROOM
1) Establish Clear Routines
2) Involve Kids with Classroom Organization
3) Use Words, Pictures and Color to help Organize
Just before the webcast we received this surprise box of adorable cupcake themed school supplies courtesy of OfficeMax. The school supplies are adorable and were a fun gift, unfortunately we can’t really use them.
I decided it would be fun to host a giveaway here on the blog so I could pass these cute school supplies on to a lucky reader who can put them to good use. So here are the giveaway details: This giveaway is now closed.
Prize: Back-to-school supplies from Scoolio-Von-Hoolio (includes binders, mini notebook, drawstring backsack, notebook, 2 pocket folder, composition books, pencil set and pencil box)
To enter: Leave a comment on this post with your best organizational tip (this is a mandatory step). Once you have commented with your organizational tip you can make the following optional extra entries. For the extra entries be sure to use the form to enter each of your extra entries or they wont count.
- Comment on any of my other posts (besides this one), tell me which one. Unlimited entries.
- Follow me on twitter, leave me your username. 1 extra entry.
- Tweet the giveaway, leave me the link to your tweet. 1 extra entry per day.
- Follow this blog publicly via friend connect, leave me your username. 1 extra entry.
- Follow this blog on facebook, leave me your facebook name. 1 extra entry.
- Use another media sharing tool (stumble, technorati, digg etc), tell me what you did to share. 1 extra entry per sharing tool.
Eligibility: This contest is open to those with a US mailing address (unless you are willing to pay for shipping costs to ship out of the USA) and will close on August 31st 2009 at midnight.
The winner will be announced here on the blog. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss the announcement of the contest winner!
The winner will have 72 hours following the announcement to contact me and claim their winnings. If the winner fails to contact me within the 72 hour period they forfeit winnings and another winner will be selected and posted here on the blog.
Random.org will be used to draw the winner.